Floxin is used for the treatment of light and moderate infections caused by some bacteria.
Use Floxin in accordance with your doctor indications.
- Floxin is for inside intake during or after meal.
- take Floxin with full glass of water (8 oz/240 ml). Drink sufficient amount of liquid during drug intake.
- do not drink milk, dairy products, antacids, sucralfate or vitamins 2 hours before and after Floxin intake.
- Floxin acts better if taken at the same time on a daily basis.
- take full course of Floxin for infection complete treatment. Continue taking it even if you feel better within few days.
Mechanism of action
Floxin is fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It kills sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of main proteins necessary for bacteria to survive.
If you miss Floxin during its regular intake take missed doze as soon as possible. If it has happened during the time for next doze intake avoid missed doze and follow usual schedule. Double dosage intake is prohibited.
Store Floxin at the temperature of 68 - 77 F degrees (20 -25 С degrees). Short- term storage at the temperature of 59 -86 F degress (15 ° -30 ° С degrees) is not allowed. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity, light, children and home pets.
Do not take Floxin, if:
- you are allergic to any of Floxin components;
- you are allergic to any antibiotics of ftorhinoles classу (e.g. cyproflocatsine);
- you have abnormal level of eletrolithes in bloodу (low potassium or magnesium) or irregular heartbeat history ( QTc interval extension);
- you take drugs for the treatment of cardiac disfunction (hinidine, prokainamide, amiodarone, sotalol);
- you take non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) (ibuprofen) or abdominal oral vaccine.
Consult your doctor or pharmaceutist immediately in case if any of the following relates to you.
- Floxin can cause giddiness and sleepiness. These effects might increase if you take it together with alcohol or specific drugs. Use Floxin cautiously. During the first intake of drugs do not drive or do other possibly dangerous things.
- Floxin can make you sun tan more easily. Stay out of the sun, solarium or first suntan. Use sun protection creme or clothes being outdoors.
- Diabetes. Floxin can influence the level of sugar in blood. Check sugar level in blood. Consult with your doctor before dosage change.
- Inform your doctor or dentist on Floxin intake before getting any medical or dental assistance, urgent assistance or surgery.
- Floxin only fights bacteria but doesn’t treat virus infections (cold).
- Floxin long or recurring usage can cause second wave of infection. Be sure to inform your doctor about the signs of recurring infection. Your drug ought to be changed.
- consult your doctor immediately in case of pain or inflammation, tendon rupture during or after the intake of ofloxatsine.
- light form of diarrhea due to antibiotics intake. More serious form of diarrhea occurs rarely (pseudomembrane colitis). It can be developed during antibiotics intake or several months after its usage termination. Contact your doctor immediately in case if you have stomach pain or spasms, heavy diarrhea or bloody stool. Do not treat diarrhea before consulting with your doctor.
- be sure to take full course of Floxin. In other case, the infection might stay in your organism and bacteria become less sensible to various drugs. This can make difficulties for infections treatment in future.
- be sure to make laboratory tests including kidney function test during Floxin intake. These tests can be used for the assessment of your condition and side effects revealing.
- pregnancy and breast feeding. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant to discuss advantages and risks of Floxin intake. Floxin is absorbed by breast milk so be sure to consult your doctor on Floxin influence during breast feeding.
Consult your doctor if any of the most widespread side effects persist or irritate:
- diarrhea, giddiness, head ache, loss of appetite, nausea, sun sensitivity, sleep problems, vomiting.
Be sure to contact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects arise:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema); agitation, weird behavior, bloody stool, blurred consciousness, dark urine, decreased urination, depression, heavy diarrhea; swallowing difficulties, increased urination, thirst or hunger, fainting, quick or irregular heartbeat, tiredness, fever, shivering or unusual cough, hallucinations; hoarseness, muscle pains and edema, giddiness, fainting, mood changes, nervousness, nightmares, pale stool, skin redness, blisters or peeling, agitations, attacks, short breath, shock (skin paleness), insomnia, heavy stomach pains/ spasms, suicide thoughts, sinew pain, inflammation or edema, pang, tremor, unusual bruises or bleeding, unusual tiredness or weakness, urination problems, vaginal irritation, skin or eyes yellowing.
Use Floxin on doctor’s prescription only.
Consult your doctor in case of symptoms non -improvement or getting worse.